Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another day in the office...

Yesterday I was the only guy in the morning class apart from the instructor and another BB. Rolled with the BB and then to just rub salt in the wound he rolled with me with one arm in his belt and still got me in bad positions and worked for subs haha. I found it kind of amusing though and really felt more of the gaps and holes in my game. Hopefully the more I roll here the tighter and smaller those gaps get.

Did some more rolling today during the Open Mat (10am -12pm) session. Alot of people show up to these as most are too busy during the week to catch all the sessions so they get more training on the weekend. I got chosen to roll with a purple and I could almost see the disdain on his face; that he had to roll with a white belt and not get some serious training in. Nevertheless he was helpful when he saw that I didn't know much on advancing some positions so showed me some techniques. The more techniques I can add to my arsenal the better.

They also have guys that do boxing sparring upstairs so I joined in on that. It's been a couple months since I trained any stand up so I was shithouse in that department too. Not to mention my right elbow still feels a bit stiff when I extend it.

Here's a couple pictures of the Gordo Jiu Jitsu gym. The mat space was smaller than I thought it would be, but they are knocking out one wall to extend it to double the space. They also have an upstairs where all the muay thai/boxing and mma takes place, I haven't got pictures of that yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment