Friday, March 19, 2010

War On The Floor videos

These are the videos to my fights from the "War on the floor" competition that just passed. Fights were for 5 minutes with a referee and judges if the fights went the full time. If fights were ruled a draw then fighters were given a 3 minute overtime.

The Open Weight Round Robin is pretty self explanatory. Basically everyone is matched up and the winner of the fight then goes on to fight other winners of the other fights until there's only 1 man standing. Pretty much guaranteed to fight someone heavier than you but for those that only got 1 fight in their weight category it was an opportunity to get more competition experience and it's always interesting to test how your technique will fare against strength.

My first fight in my weight division. I'm the guy with the red sash.


1st fight overtime round.


My 2nd fight for the day and 1st fight in the Open Weight Round Robin.


I have one more of my fights to upload then they're all done. After the comp I had a better idea of the areas I need improvement on like finishing of submissions (leglocks, armbars etc) and takedowns but ANY advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. So please leave some comments, advice and feedback on what you think of my fights for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment