Monday, November 2, 2009

More cauliflower...

Ok, so my ears have been swelling up again which means... more drainage. So I took the opportunity to make a short tutorial based on what I know/learnt so far on how to drain cauliflower ears. It's pretty straight forward and easy really.

Well except sometimes getting the needle in on the right angle... the other day the first time I put the needle in kind of horizontally nothing came out, so pulled it out and THEN it started bleeding which was like "oh shit!" But I managed to get it in again (on a 45º kind of angle) and drain out most of the fluid (1.5ml again).

There's a competition on Sunday and I'm hoping to enter it, if it's not too late to send in forms. Then after I was thinking of giving my ear a rest, but I doubt it because I don't want to miss out on all that training :)

4 comments:

  1. I have a little cauliflower ears but not like that..do you have headgear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i have headgear, but it still rubs the top of my ear and stuff which still hurts. i think the only way to let it heal properly would be to stop training for a bit, but i don't want to miss out on training haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok something I did was wear headgear but I would tape the area with white athletic tape to help prevent the rubbing against your ear..

    Have you seen when Sakuraba fights he always have a ear taped..well if you tape the ear tightly it will help prevent swelling..

    ReplyDelete
  4. a ta.. i will buy some tape and try this next time.. muito obrigado!

    ReplyDelete