Tuesday, December 29, 2009

51 days...

That's how much time I have left in Brasil :(

Damn time flies and it will go even faster in the following month because I've got New Years Eve, my mum and her husband will be coming and we'll be off to Foz do Iguazu/Bonito/Pantanal for a 1.5wks; and then Carnival. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing more of the country, since I've only spent my time in Rio, but at the same time I really wish I could spend that time in Rio squeezing in as much training as I can before I leave. I'm feeling a kind of sense of urgency to get all the things I've wanted to get done accomplished before I leave (visiting other gyms, tourist places around Rio, buying souveneirs etc). It's starting to feel like I'm doing last minute studying for exams.

For NYE I'm going to be going out to Copacabana to celebrate with the gringos and the 1 million or so other revellers over there. Should be quite an experience. Some of the traditions I've heard about it are:
- Dress all in white
- Jump over seven waves
- Bring flowers to throw into the sea?
- Different coloured underwear brings different kinds of "luck" eg. Money (yellow), love (red?), peace (blue?) etc.


Training has been pretty relaxed the past couple of weeks for Christmas and now New Years. But I've still gotten in some good sessions and still learning something new each day. Tomorrow I'll be having my first private with Gordo so that should be something to blog about.

Also here is a recent look at the Connection Rio HQ with some interviews of the guys (including myself) and a look at the training sessions in the afternoon with Dennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment