Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Hangover...

Had a good night out with the boys on Thursday night. First stop was Bar do Oswaldos which make nice café cremes where we sat and had a few drinks and chatted, played a few songs on the jukebox. The bar is also owned by Rommel who is a 3rd BB at the academy, a real nice guy and also one bad ass dude. When some of the guys told him how we climbed Pedra da Gavea one day, he told them the story of how he got a call from a female friend stranded up there near night and how he tried calling police or somebody to get a helicopter up there to rescue her. When noone could he bought a torch and ran all the way up the mountain (in 56mins!) to save the day.

After getting the guys got changed we went back to Oswaldos where one of the fellas tried to ask some girls to come out with us, I tried my best to wingman but we had no luck this time. So went straight off to Nuth Lounge. It was my first time in this place and it was nice. A bit empty, obviously on a Thursday night. But after a few drinks I felt like I was "gonna have a good night." It's a bit pricey too at R$50, but at least that included R$50 worth of drinks. Which include a round of vodka shots, which came in those tall double shot glasses. After that you could tell it there was gonna be more drinks to come.

Danced with some girls and probably looked a fool but who cares when you're having fun?Talked to random strangers, drank my $R50 worth of drinks, practised some of my Português, threw the dice and also did a bit of the robot for good measure.

All in all it was a good night and everyone had fun. Except that I lost my phone somehow, somewhere and only knew that when outside and I was trying to get someones number and was like "Oh sh*t, where's my phone?" I think I lost it when I busting a move on the dance floor. I couldn't remember how I got home till later in the day and only remembered leaving the club and then opening the door at home, at first.


Well that wasn't so bad, because:
- One guy fell asleep somewhere by the road near the clubs and only woke up when it started to rain.
- Another guy ended up at one of those kiosks by the beach drinking, with some Brasilians he met somewhere, until the sun came up.
- Last guy passed out sitting on the toilet and heaved over a bucket and got woken up by the bouncer and was the last person to leave the club.

Needless to say the next day I was out of commission. I was in and out of sleep most the day but kind of woke up around 1pm. When I say woke up, it's more like I was reanimated from the dead.
I had one of those hangovers where your head hurts when you get up or move to much in the bed and your stomach hurts too; but you're not sure if it's because you're hungry (which you are) and you want to eat or because you might need to vomit. And even if you are hungry you don't feel like eating. So you don't eat anything much and just try drink water to rehydrate and walk around looking like a zombie.

I thought of going to training when I first woke up, because I said I'd be there and wanted to stick to my word, but had visual images of me spewing all over myself while rolling. Which probably had a 60-70% chance of happening. My head, and hangover, finally cleared after taking another nap and waking up around 6pm after which I had breakfast of 2min noodles at around 7pm.

Damn it was a good night but if I had a choice I'd do it all again :) You only live once!

No comments:

Post a Comment