Monday, February 1, 2010

Foz do Iguaçu/Iguazu...

If I didn't mention this before, it's definitely worth going to both sides of the falls IF you have the time and budget to do it. Both sides offer something a little different to each other but both are as spectacular as each other.

I'm too lazy to write a detailed review of both so I'm going to put up some photos to show what it's like and when I get the time I'll add up some of the video I took too.

Argentinian side:
Pretty much you get a closer look and more personal feel of the falls, especially Gargantua do Diablo or "Devil's Throat."

Catching the small train that takes you around some of the Argentinian side of the Iguazu National Park.


Walking to the "Devil's throat" falls


At the edge of the Gargantua do Diablo aka "Devil's throat" ... I tried not too take too many pics here because the spray from the waterfalls was getting all over my cameras and I didn't want to destroy them. You could literally see over the edge of them though and it was cool that you could get so close, unlike at Niagra Falls where you view it from a distance.





On the boat tour that takes you to the lower half circuit of the falls and gets you up close and personal with them (you will get wet)...



The lower circuit of the falls






Brasilian side:
Provides a more panoramic view of the falls but you can also get a close look at them too.




Also close by is Itaipu dam (wiki page), the largest hydroelectric dam in the world. It was pretty awesome to see something that large man and made, it reminded me of something out of a James Bond or sci-fi film.

No comments:

Post a Comment