Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cauliflower ear

Before...

...and after


1.5mL later...

I kind of started getting cold feet on the whole draining thing, but then as Tom said "I already bought all the stuff needed for it." It wasn't too bad getting it drained and I could probably do it myself next time (if I feel like it), just that I keep getting visualisations of piercing my whole ear with the needle haha.

Now I've been wearing an earguard (that Andre traded me for some açai money) and making sure to wipe my ear with disinfectant after training or taking a shower. Also covering it with a some cotton and a bandaid. Hopefully all that will help keep it down in the long run. Also got to remember to buy an ice pack from the pharamacy to help keep the swelling down.

I'm no expert but if anyone else was wondering what you need to get it done:
- Syringe (serenge in português I think)
- Disinfectant (a must!)
- Some cotton or something to apply the disinfectant (before and after draining)
- Bandaids
- Gloves would be good too although I forgot to buy some

Anyways here's the video for your viewing pleasure. And a big thanks to Dennis for doing it for me (knowing myself I'd probably be goofy enough to stab through my whole ear).

3 comments:

  1. You do know that cauliflowered ears are the mark of a Jiujitsu Champion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I'm only white belt, so no jiu jitsu champ yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stay out of head locks and guillotines...lol!

    ReplyDelete